Wednesday 5 July 2017

No CARBS in this house he says


Grandpa says that he isn't having any carbs this week.  I wonder if he knows what carbs are because he has asked particularly for potatoes tonight and wondered if there might be a starter and a pudding! He offers me a martini and puts out the red wine glasses, I should remind him that we are babysitting for the now 6 month old baby
What sort of no carb diet is this say I?  There are others in this household who know a carb for what it is and they stick to the no carb menu with amazing results.  
Grandpa says he hasn't lost any weight despite being on this no carb diet for 2 days but I have seen him having toast with his no carb boiled egg so I am not surprised.  I can't be fished with changing my eating habits; I just keep trying and hoping and hoping and trying but age has delivered me some curious shapes to my legs, sort of bobbly.  I read in the newspaper that in a few years time we grandparents may be living until we are 125 years old.  Well I can tell you that is not in my plan.  The idea of years and years in this life is based on thinking that there is only this life.  I think this is just one of many and I would rather have a new and perfect body in that new life than struggle against the carbs and the blobby legs.  
However in his defence I have to say that Grandpa is a good meditator; he times our meditation to the end of 30 minutes when I am tempted to disappear out into the garden and dead head a few roses or water the tubs just a few minutes early.  He is a good Grandpa really, a bit shouty from time to time but I put that down to genetics!  His old Dad was a bit of a shouter too.  And he has allowed me to put in a zipwire for our grandchildren.  It is nearly in and perhaps he, Grandpa, fresh from meditation and carb free? will be the first to climb up the tree and grab the seat and whizz down the wire (60 metres) to the end.  I will post the news here..... It will be a post which says meditating Grandpa takes to the air!  

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post Elizabeth - I clearly recall your own exploits on the zip wire when we went to see Princess Margaret's jewellery in Wilton House...

    Those pesky carbs do crawl in where you least expect them though....I am on Grandpa's side (just look at my size).

    ReplyDelete