Tuesday 4 April 2017

Who do I write it for? I write it for YOU of course


Do you wonder who I write this blog for?  I write it for YOU of course.  I write it for YOU who are  far away just in case YOU might need to know that I am always thinking of YOU and yours.  YOU aren't really so far off though because when I write the blog, YOU are right there in the centre of my thinking, right there in my sight, I can see YOU there better than on Facebook or on WhatsApp or Instagram because I have YOUR name tattooed on my heart.   (I thought about the word tattoo and wondered if I should have put written on my heart but then it struck me that writing might come off or be changed but I have always heard that tattoos are there for life).  I know that sometimes YOU are up a mountain, sometimes YOU are on the sea or river, sometimes YOU are driving along in the weather of the place YOU are, sometimes YOU are with family and friends and sometimes YOU are alone.  The days go past and we appear to be the same people, getting up, doing stuff, eating and drinking and Grandpa and I will be meditating.  But for us now it is more Badedas and ibuprofen after gardening, less wondering which restaurant we will visit, more nodding off in front of the telly, less concern with things of the everyday.  Now not so sharp of hearing, wearing our spectacles on the top of our heads or tucked into the jumper, our friends not so much dropping in as dropping off the perch, visits to the GP and advice now given by those who we once advised, life is changing and the really important things come to the fore.  That is just the way life goes and YOU, so far away and doing well, we miss YOU and look forward to seeing you when you come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment