Wednesday 12 April 2017

If He came today, who would He be

We have been told that He will come again to put the things which have slipped into poor condition back in order.  I am given to wondering how he would come back.  I think he could do well to think about becoming a Harry Potter model because Harry Potter has somehow gained admittance to our thinking as someone half human and half supernatural.  Harry, though a fictional character, has supernatural powers and magic and we have accepted him as a natural hero.  I know this is true because while planning for my grandchildren's summer holiday I am looking for tickets for my grandsons to see the Harry Potter play, the Cursed Child in the summer.  My daughter is as wedded to the story of Harry as her brother is to Star Wars.  So I am given to wondering if someone who could excite the interest of young people while maintaining a serious understanding of the difference between good and bad and be prepared to fight to re-establish goodness might be just the ticket for these times.
I hope that he might help us to remember these tips for living, two of which are quite easy, two of which are very very difficult.  These are the four of them.
1. To friends, be friendly. (not so difficult)
2. To all those in need show compassion. (natural but fairly easy)
3. To those who succeed, delight in their success.(not so easy but common sense.)
4. When faced with those who hate you, show equanimity.  (This is the real work).
So when YOU come back to help us, help us with this one please.

No comments:

Post a Comment