Sunday 29 January 2017

Missing them is just an idea!

A cook's heart! 
From time to time I get the feeling of missing someone and it doesn't come from my head, it comes from somewhere inside, the place where I think I am!  When that feeling comes it sets me off towards the larder and thoughts of cooking!  A bit daft when that person or persons aren't there to cook for.  However there are benefits for others who might take their place at the table.  The most interesting thing about this chain of events is that the one constant factor is the I which does all these things.  It both misses and then cooks and then does some other thing, eats or chats or goes gardening.  This just shows that the feelings which go with each link of the chain are passing, always changing and therefore not to be taken too seriously.  In the quest for enlightenment, detachment is said to be the key and to lead to bliss but it sounds so difficult and possibly a trifle dull!  It doesnt sound as if you do much cooking for a start but I would like to experience what might it really mean?  It clearly doesn't mean to stop loving the people who you once had in your household and who you once cooked for, because you will always love them, they were the ones who taught you to love (and cook!).  I think it means that you take the lesson of love that it delivered and let it include all families and people.  By the way Mr Trump I don't think it should mean closing your borders to people you don't think belong to you, it should really be an opportunity to find ways of removing the borders in your own heart.   But here is a good discipline for me in detachment, to love Mr Trump too!

No comments:

Post a Comment